The Blue Rock And I Fortress Of The Red Rock Arc Part One

 On The Ocean


We set foot on the ship. It was made of a light brown so with a good day of large cream sails. With a line of golden railings going around the ship with golden rings and nails holding the ship together.

"Hello, my name is Captain Lired. This is my ship, the Ruby Coral." He said using perfect Queen's English.

I nodded.

"Right. I am Haru, this is my niece Aqua and my friend and work colleague Cho." He replied as he nodded to him.

The Captain outstretched his hand and Uncle Haru shook it.

"Right, I would like you to have this." He said, passing him a list. "It is what you ought to expect on the ocean."

He looked down at it and his eyes widened. He looked at me with a concerned look in his eyes. He then passed the list to me. I looked at it wondering what that was all about but then I read what was on it and soon knew why.


  1. Kraken

  2. Sirens

  3. Pirates


I looked up.

"Sirens!? Like those mermaids that sing people to their deaths?"

"Lure people to their deaths. It isn't the singing that kills, no that's just the lure! But good girl for knowing about them."

"Thank you!"

I looked around as we set off. It felt my heart race from the excitement. I found that the unpredictable nature of the waves fun. It was like going on a fairground ride with less predictability on how high the waves climbed and how the ship bobbed up and down. I found myself laughing as we went over one wave and crashed into the waves as the ship landed. My mind woke with the thrill. We swayed side to side. I was soon laughing truly and free.

Then I heard a laugh beside me. It made me stop and I felt an ice cold chill run down my spine. It was my father's laugh. I looked beside me. For a moment I thought my father was next to me. Yet I soon realised that it was Uncle Haru.

"Honestly! The pair of you are just as mad as each other!"

"How so?"

She let out a sigh.

"Look-"

That was when I saw it, the tentacle riding from the ocean. Then I dived out of the way pulling both Uncle Haru and Cho as it slammed down onto the side of the deck. I pulled out my blade and slashed down. It soon recoiled.

"Uncle!"

He looked up and nodded.

Remember this is not supposed to be easy but it should be a slight struggle to take it down.

I was about to run to it but Uncle Haru pulled me away. He raced to the first tentacle and dug a hunters knife into it and twisted. This caused the tentacle to recoil. He looked back and his eyes widened with shock. I looked back but it was too late. I felt the tentacle strike me from behind. I flung and I was caught by another tentacle and I felt myself beginning to be crushed. I felt the sucker kept me in place. I struggled to get my sword out and then sigh my blade into it. The tentacle uncurled yet I was still glued in place by the sucker. I stabbed into it to let in some air. I flung my blade out and cut the tentacle clean off as I rolled as I landed.

"You alright?"

"I can fight!" I shouted, knowing that was what she really wanted to know.

I then looked up to see Uncle Haru slice another tentacle clean off.

"Aqua!"

Before I looked back I sliced behind and another fell. I ran to another and sliced it. Then I felt another hit me in the back. I flew to another. I was about to be crushed but Uncle Haru stabbed it and soon cut it off. I soon landed as Uncle Haru sliced one after another. Yet soon they were all gone. Then Uncle Haru pulled the tentacle off me.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes."

"You did well back there."

"You did better."

He let out a chuckle and smiled sorrowfully. We then spent the morning attending to our injuries and helping fix the ship. I felt so exhausted and I needed a nap. Yet I had my lunch and continued to do my work. I did not want to fall asleep and be late doing my work, regardless of how tired I was.

Then I heard a soothing and calming voice in the distance. I felt like I wanted to go to it. I wanted to let it take me away and to a more peaceful place. The closer we came, the more clear the voice became. I could soon make out the words.


"Come on weary one,

The battle is over now,

You have won!

I will show you how!


"Come to me and you will rest,

Without having the witch's test!"


I knew that I should have covered my ears. For some reason, I did not. I felt curious to hear her words. I wanted to know what he meant by the witch's test. I know that it had something to do with the dreams or something that would come up. I wondered if it revealed a way to get rid of them. That way I would not fear falling asleep.


"Here's my voice and do well to follow,

Come to my arms and be no longer hollow,

I will help you deal with your sorrow,

So no longer great what comes tomorrow!"


I felt myself walk towards the edge of the deck. I placed a hand on the railing. I was about to climb when Uncle Haru covered my ears. Suddenly I felt like I had been woken up from a dream.

What was I about to do?

That was when I saw the mermaid looking creature on the rock. The next thing I noticed was the others beside her. I took out my blades only to realise that they were out of reach. The swords would not do. Yet one of the crew jumped overboard.

"Are there any cannons?"

"I think so!" The Captain shouted.

I then raced down and Uncle Haru followed me. We soon arrived in front of the cannons. I took a cannonball, but I found that it was heavy so, knowing that we needed speed, I looked at Uncle Haru. 

"Could you put them in the cannon? Then I will aim and-where's Miss Sango?" I asked.

At this our eyes widened. He then was about to run out before we heard a splash. I looked back through the hole and at the surface of the ocean.

"Man-woman overboard!"

We ran to the top of the deck and saw Cho.

"Stay here, fire at the sirens and I will get Cho."

"What if I hit you two?"

"You won't!"

He smiled and nodded.

"Get her safe!"

I nodded and ran up and threw down a rope. I tried it around my waist and tried not to focus upon the siren's singing. I then continued to look but my ears were drawn to the song. Yet when I reached the bottom in the water, I heard the song. I could feel the power of the song becoming strong. I knew that it would be only a matter of time until I fell under the spell. Then it suddenly stopped. I swam to Cho and grabbed her arm just as a siren was about to reach out and grab her. She hissed at me but was hit by a cannonball.

I then pulled on the rope. The Captain then pulled us back to the ship. I kept my arms locked stopping Cho. I looked at the sirens as more and more cannonballs were hitting one after the other, barely giving them a chance to open their mouths, let alone sing.

Then I spotted a siren swimming towards us. I pulled out my blade and stabbed her in the heart and kicked her off us. Then another one came from the left and I slid her throat. Then another came to the right and sliced her. Then I spotted one at Cho's leg. I could not reach her leg so I kicked her leg up and away. She then went to dive at mine! I drove my heel and ankle into her mouth so hard she coughed as she was driven back under the water.

Then we were pulled out of the water. Then as we rose higher and higher one daring one jumped right out of the water and right at me! I looped my legs around Cho's waist and sliced her in half. Then another dove at me and I pulled out the other blade and sliced her. I then spotted one reaching Cho and I cut her and she dropped before she could pay a single dinner on her. By the time we were at the top the sirens were dead.

I put my blades away and pulled her over the railings and we slumped over and my eyes closed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scar Parents Fight Part Three

The Nine Dragons The Serpent Dragon Part Three

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Six

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Four

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Three

Scar Parents Fight Part Four

Scar Parents Fight Final Part