Strena Road To Roqaur Final Part

 The Truth


"I wanted to groom you to kill me." Zaryb said at the breakfast table. "I wanted you to become a bounty hunter so that you would be good at fighting. No, I wanted you to be that best at fighting at that age. I wanted you to get used to fighting people who were bigger and stronger than you. Which was why I trained you day in and day out. To a point where you were stronger than a girl your age. No, I wanted you to become as strong as a man.

"Then I wanted you to get used to killing. So I put the Artemis necklace on you, as it can only be used on someone that had made their vows to Strena, the goddess not you. Then I made you become an assassin. That way you would not think twice about killing me. In fact I could tell, by the look in your eye, once you were ready to do it, you would be happy that you did.

"Then I needed you to become a slayer, so that you would get used to fighting monsters. So that when Wolfox took over then you would have been ready to fight him. As you would have the ability to defeat him.

"Yet throughout it all, I must admit that you developed faster than I thought. So I thought that you would be able to kill me sooner rather than later. In fact I thought that it would only be ten years at maximum. One year at minimum."

He then gulped down his beer.

"Avd why did you want me to go by the name Strena Az and not my real name and went out of your way to make sure that none knew it?"

"I did not want you to be truly bound to any god or goddess. So once you did kill me, you would be able to do whatever you wanted. Even go back home."

Her eyes watered at the thought of that. She missed the sand, the bright hot sun, the tall pyramids that stood like mountains. She missed hearing her native tongue and the skin of the natives. She missed the walls of her palace and the domed roofs and the flat roofs where she saw the clothes hanging on lines like decorations. Everything! She wanted more than anything else to return there.

"I'd like that."

"Well I think that is probably where we will be heading next." Chashathrophogh sighed as he took a sip of his wine.

She frowned.

"Why?"

"That's where Gajellidor Darcrogh is heading."

Then Cerpheres looked at Strena.

"By the way, did you kill Grasharlo?"

"Yes."

He smiled.

"Did she make you drink her blood?"

"Yes."

He let out a sigh.

"Is that a problem?"

He shrugged.

"Nah! It's nothing! Just wanted to know!" He sang. 

"Oh "

"Are you alright kid?" Bash asked.

She shook her head.

"I just need time." She said, closing her eyes. "Tell me about him."

"Who?"

"My daddy."

"Why?"

She looked at him directly in his eyes with a determined look in her eyes.

"Because I want to know who my daddy was. And don't lie!"

He looked away and let out a sigh.

"The first memory I had of him was of him painting blood on my hands. It belonged to a boy that he used to get bullied by. In fact he used to kill any bully or child that used to challenge him in combat. He seemed to enjoy it. As I developed I used to see him torture the pets on the household. He also abused all those that were under him. He would always drag me along with him and treat me like another pet rather than a brother. He would poison my food and when I told my parents, they seemed to enjoy it and encouraged me to kill him or let me be killed by him! When we duled, if you could call it that, he would always hurt me more and more and worse every time. Yet he would never kill me. He would take me along as a slave when he would conquer lands that he would add to his empire.

"Then when I was no older than fourteen he put the demon king Wolfox in me. Saying that he wanted a weapon. So that moment on I became the host of my brother's weapon. It would always kill me inside every time blood poured on my hands!"

Zaryb looked at his hands as he shook, there was real terror in his eyes.

"Then I begged my brother to make it stop but he never did. Then when I could take it no longer I tried to end it only for Wolfox to stop me. Then my brother told my parents that Wolfox was in me, they banished me."

Strena remembered her father's last words. She reached out as tears flowed from her eyes. She took her hand in his.

"I'm sorry…Uncle."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scar Parents Fight Part Three

The Nine Dragons The Serpent Dragon Part Three

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Six

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Four

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Three

Scar Parents Fight Part Four

Scar Parents Fight Final Part