Strena Powerless Final Part
Broken
Strena sat next to Cerpheres as he told the rest of the crew what happened. She looked down. Her eyes were open but were not focused upon anything. She could feel the weight of depression, resting in her chest. She wanted to die but she knew that Kitsuné Ryu would never allow that to happen. No, not when he found all the pain that he was putting her through hilarious. No, he would put her through more just to get more laughter out of her situation. She also knew that she would not be able to handle it but would be forced to endure it. Just like how a man would be forced to endure the heat of the sun while walking through the desert, just dreaming of the ice cold water, not even knowing if he could find it.
“Tell me, what should we do?”
Zaryb looked down, both shame and anguish were written on his face. His shoulders draped as his eyes became watery. His face was pale and his eyes flicked up to her and back down again. His mouth opened and closed several times but said nothing.
“I guess we will have to -”
“Lock me up!”
They all looked at her.
“Please! I don’t want to hurt anyone anymore! I hate it every time he makes me kill! It-it scares me and I don’t like it! I want to stop him but I can’t! I can’t fight him! I can’t even stoop him. I can’t stop him from killing! It scares me! It scares me every time and what's more frightening is that he likes it! He actually likes it! He finds it all funny! How can he find it funny?”
Cerpheres placed a hand on her shoulder. He had a look of anger but it was like the type of anger a wounded animal would give.
“We know. So please do be quiet.” He spoke, almost tenderly.
She looked down upset.
“Please just either kill me or lock me up. I can’t take this anymore. I j-just can’t.”
That was when he slapped her.
“I am dearly sorry but we can’t.” He purred as he took her wrists and showed her the cuffs. “Remember?”
She looked down and nodded as all she could do was break down crying. Then he gripped her chin. Then pulled her jaw up.
“And don’t you dare give in! You are my book to read and I will see your greatness be brought out, no matter what. So you hear me?”
She nodded as he leaned in closer.
“And when you are at the pinnacle of your greatness only then will you be worth killing!” He whispered in her ear.
Her eyes widened as she looked at him. She could see the resemblance to his father now. Yet there seemed to be something more he was going to say but refrained from saying it. She looked to the side and curled up slightly. He put a hand on her back and moved the other hand from her jaw to the back of her head.
“So don’t you worry about this nasty, nasty business. It will all be over once that potion has been made by father dear if he succeeds. Alright?”
Her eyes narrowed.
“But how do you know?”
At this he placed a finger to his lips and a spark lit up in his eyes.
“I have my sources. Don’t tell him but Chashy always says the most interesting things when he’s asleep!” He purred, giving her a wink and a kiss on the forehead.
She smiled sadly.
“There…there’s a good smile on your lips.”
Comments
Post a Comment