Scar The Detective Arc Part Three

Revelation


Scar looked at the crime scene. 

It was after school and word had spread that her mother had been murdered the day before. She heard that others suspected that she did it, but others, the other children that had seen her mother alive after she left, did not and quickly dispelled those theories. The only people to show her any kind of kindness and compassion were Beatrice and Britannia.

"It's alright to cry."

"Yeah, we keep telling mum that whenever she's sad."

"She's always sad Bear'!"

"I know!" They had told her.

She pushed the conversation aside in her mind. She looked around. The first thing that she noticed was just how little blood there was. The next thing that she noticed was the smash in the back door and the dint in the doorframe. There she saw the glimmer of gold. She looked down at the small pool of blood on the floor. It was too small for it to be out of revenge. She then squatted, keeping her behind above the floor. She soon spotted her mother's right-hand fingerprints on the floor where the pool of blood was. 

She suddenly saw it in her mind, her mother walking into the kitchen. Reaching the viewpoint of the window. Then bang! The bullet passed through the right hand side of her head and then she fell.

"Detective, where was the hole in the side of the head?"

"What?"

"Was it clean through one temple to the other in a horizontal line in the head?" She asked.

"Yes."

"And is that the bullet that…that…that…"

Killed her. Come on! Say it! Just to get the words out there.

"Yes. It did."

"What bullet is it?" She asked.

"One moment, I'll pluck it out."

"Not before you pick me up."

"Why?"

"To see where…where…where he or she was."

"I'm the tree."

"How do you know?"

"I already deduced that."

"'Deduced'?"

"Figured out."

"Oh. Then prove it."

Detective Jen picked her up from the sides and raised her to where the bullet came from. She then spotted that she was right. She could even see the overgrowth in the leaves and twigs where he or she could have hidden.

"Oh!"

"Yeah, although I have to say, you're lighter than you look."

"Oh. Didn't know."

She then plucked the bullet from the wood. She then looked at the crushed bullet and her eyes widened in shock as she frowned.

"What is it?" Scar asked.

"A silencer. However judging by the quality of the make of it, it was not a cheap bullet. No this looks like only someone professional could purchase such a bullet. Which means that this was no ordinary murder."

"What do you mean?"

"It looks more like a professional killing."

"You mean this is the work of a professional killer?"

"More like an assassination. Your mother wasn't into something big was she?"

Scar shook her head.

"Not that I know of! No, she wasn't smart enough." She admitted.

Then she remembered when her mother trained her. Her eyes lit up as she hit her head as she felt like an idiot.

"Well she did mention that she was trained by the world's best assassin once! Yet at the time I did not believe her. Now I'm starting to."

She looked at the blood, feeling a pinch of sorrow and regret. She should have believed her. If she had then maybe she would have seen it coming.

Detective Jen nodded slowly as she made a mental note.

"Are you sure about all this?"

Scar nodded her head and put on a false smile.

"Yeah, don't worry. I'll be fine. Mum did train me."

"Tell me does that have anything to do with the world in the attic?"

"Yeah."

"Would you mind telling me what happened?"

She told her, yet while she did her mind ticked over all that she had learnt. Then something came to her mind.

"Tell me. Could it be possible that mum was on one of those witness protection things?"

Her eyes dropped to the girl and she frowned.

"The witness protection program. And she could be…" She said, slowly. "You know that is a good idea to look at."

She refrained from smiling as it dawned upon her. If she was right, then she would have to ask herself, did she really know the woman that she called mother? If she did not, then who was her mother, really? Was she acting like an air headed idiot or was she trying to use it to escape her old life? Yet if she was then why did she act like that all the time? 

Another thing that it could mean is that she did not know her adopted mother's name. Nevertheless, she knew that there was a side of her that she did not know. A side of her that in order to close the case she will soon learn about. But was she ready? Was this the right thing to do for her just after death? Either way she knew that she would have to match on.

She would have gone to her room out of habit but she remembered the house was a crime scene now. So she should not. Then it hit her, after this she might not even own the house! After all, the house was under her mum's name not hers.

"Anyway I need to get on a computer. Homework."

"What is it?"

"To make up a story."

"Any ideas?"

"A bounty hunter who was a princess I guess."

"Yeah, sounds interesting. Tell me, what are your plans after this?"

"I think I'll buy the house. I'm sure that after I get my licence I'll be able to earn money that way."

She frowned as she looked at her. Scar rolled her eyes.

"Yes. I am well aware of my young age. Yes, I do know that there are complicated things, yet I know that I'll be able to navigate them."

Her eyebrow cocked.

"Anyhow, we both have work to do."

"You're a focused one aren't you?"

"Considering that there's nothing else to distract my mind, yes."

They were soon off.

Within an hour Scar was at the computer after Detective Jen dropped her off. Jill kept a good eye on her as she typed up her story. It seemed easy to write and she could see all that she typed. It was strangely clear and she felt a strange taste of nostalgia in her mouth. It proved to be a good and fun distraction. Which was about a Princess called Dove who became a bounty hunter called Slash going on many adventures with her uncle Castoro. 

Once she was done she saw that it was within an hour and still had some time left. So she looked up her mother on the internet. She spent all the time that she could going from website to website. She left no stone unturned. She read as fast as her eyes could. She collected as much information as she could. 

"Mrs Gardener, do you have Detective Jen's E-mail?"

"Yeah."

"Then get it. I probably need to send her my findings." She said, looking at the earliest record of her mother that she could find.

"Here you go little miss Cox."

"Thank you Mrs Gardener. But please, call me Scar."

"Look, Scar, Detective Jen has told me that you want to go back after this."

"Back home. Yes."

"You know you can't."

"Here!" 

Jill looked at the paper. She read it and her eyebrow cocked as she narrowed her eyes, concerned.

"You really have thought about everything, haven't you?"

"Yeah. I'm not stupid!"

Then she looked for people of that time that looked like her mother at that time. She did all she could to find someone.

"You know this is illegal?"

"Did you look at the back?"

"Wait-"

She flipped the page over. This satisfied her in one regard.

"But you are still a child a d still vulnerable and-"

"You can have this conversation later. Right now I have work to do."

"But this is not your work! This is Detective Jen's work. So please stay out of it."

"I can't."

"Look you are not involved so-"

"She was my mum! So don't say that. Now let me be!"

"No, this is my computer and I will forbid you from using this if you don't drop this. Scar are you listening?"

"Get Detective Jen. Tell her that I have found something."

She rolled her eyes as she huffed as she dialed the number.  

"Yeah it's me again. It's the girl again. She says that she found something."

She nodded.

"Yes I know! But she's so possessed that it is getting too much for me!"

Scar rolled her eyes.

Should've known.

She was there within an hour.

She had the Detective that looked like Action Man next to her.

"Detective Jen tells me that you have something."

"Yes I do. I'm thinking that Detective Jen has told you all about what we deduced. Did I use that word right?"

"Yes and yes I have."

"Speaking of which I would like to have a word with you later."

"No time."

"Yes, we do." He said, holding a file. "Here it says that you were rescued by a strange man after he killed three women that claimed to be witches."

"Yes." She said, in a bitter tone.

"Tell me, do you think that the death of your mum might have something to do with this?"

"No."

"How?"

"If it was then I wouldn't be here." She said with an ashamed look in her eyes. "Anyway, right now, I want to know who killed mum."

"Tell me, do you think that you will be alright if you-"

"Yes. Now, speaking of which, I have found something." She said pointing to the screen.

His jaw dropped.

"How did you find this?"

"Well, I was thinking that if mum was under the witness protection program, then there must have been an early picture of my mum. Once I did, I looked for someone who looked like her and sometime before, disappeared. Then I found a match."

They all looked at her with both shock and awe.

"Good work."

"Charlotte Kill was a fifteen year old girl last seen by a group of men abducting her, who were from the organization called Evil Organization from Russell Road." He read with a deep frown on his face.

He looked up at her and had a moment to think.

"Look, Scar, if you want to continue, you have to be willing to die. Are you alright with that?"

"I do. After all, aren't I already on the chopping block?"

 He chuckled.

"Good point."

"Plus I don't have a birth certificate but at least I will have a death certificate."

"What?"

"I don't have a birth certificate."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scar Parents Fight Part Three

The Nine Dragons The Serpent Dragon Part Three

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Six

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Four

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Three

Scar Parents Fight Part Four

Scar Parents Fight Final Part