Charlotte Kill Part Five

 Cold Nights


"So no hotels?"

"No hotels, and from now on we will be sleeping on the streets."

"But it's cold outside!" She moaned as they left the helicopter.

"But it's safer."

"Can't we sleep in the helicopter?"

"No, for one, it's out of gas and another, is the possibility that there is a tracker in the helicopter."

"But what about-"

"No,  it's safer in the streets and-"

"No it's not!"

"Yes, it is."

"But there are-"

"A lot of people who could take advantage of a couple of sleeping females. Although I know that they won't know that one of them is an assassin!" She said with a chuckle.

"But what if there's rain or a storm?"

"Do you want them to find us or not?"

She lowered her head and shook it. They then walked away from the helicopter and it exploded. She looked at it before Kira took her by the arm and pulled the girl along at a fast pace. They were barely at the end of the road when Kill opened her mouth again.

"Can we take a break? My feet hurt!"

"No."

"Please! They really, really, really hurt!"

"No."

"I think that I've got blisters!"

"Still no."

"Why not?"

"We need to put some distance between us and that exploitation."

"Why?"

She huffed.

How stupid is this kid?

"Because that fire can be seen for miles. So it's a target. Almost as if we might as well shout we're here."

Kill then looked behind realising that she was right. She then broke out into a run.

"Oh so now you run!"

They did not stop, not even for one comment.

"Hey! Slow down!"

Hey, why do I feel heat on my back?

She looked back to realise that the fire had spread in their direction. She turned and ran as fast as they could and she soon caught up to Kill. She was screaming just as much as the girl. She took the girls' hand to ensure that they would not get separated during the chaos. They soon came to the end of the road. To their dismay they soon saw parallel lines of fire only made worse by the trees as they were catching fire and with their branches meeting in the middle out only made things worse. The only thing that was their saving grace was the fact that it was behind them. So they read as fast as they could and hope to outrun the flames. The only thing that made this easier was the fact that it started to rain.

"This is not my week!" 

They just about bandaged to dodge a falling tree as they came to the end of that road. Only to see only to see the wooden flames beside them on fire.

"Oh come on!"

They soon ran until they came to a small village. The fire had died down and both were soaking in rain and sweat. Both girls found the nearest bench and slept there for the whole night wrapped in each other's arms like a parent and child staving off the cold. When they woke they made great progress in both training and their journey. However that part is just too boring to get into. Yet the night came again.

"Wow, it's night already?"

"Yeah… You know,  you're coming along really well!"

"Really!" She asked as she jumped up and down. "Yeah! Thanks!"

"But you still have a lot to go."

"You're not as mean as I thought!"

Her eyebrows raised.

She is forgetting that I am an assassin!

"You think?" She said as she punched her.

"Aw! Why did you do that!?"

She smirked.

"Whaat!?"

"You're not crying."

She soon realised that she was right and smiled ignoring her pain. They soon saw another bench.

"So are there any guys that you like?"

"N-no! Hell no!" She scoffed.

"None?"

"None!"

"Not one?"

"Not one."

"Have there been any guys that you liked?"

"To kill, yeah."

"Reeealy?" She said as if she got some just juicy news but then she realized that it would not be. "Oh you mean actually kill. Not 'kill' kill."

"Yeah. How else? I hardly have any time or room in my life for that!"

"No wonder you're so lonely!"

"I am not lonely!"

She chuckled.

"Not now." Kill said as the girl drifted off to sleep.

Her features changed from angry to melancholic.

I wonder if she's right. I mean how would I, a lone trained assassin at birth, know whether or not I am lonely? Though I think that I'm not lonely. However I have never had a friend before nor have I had any true company like this. No, the others were too busy training to be assassins themselves or turning me into a living weapon. Not lonely? Nor have I had anyone to care for that didn't betray me the next moment. No, I would say this has been quite nice. I am not lonely. I haven't been told that I'm nice either… Maybe I am a bit lonely.

Hold on, what was that?

She looked to see where the quick movement was. She let a sigh out.

Only a rabbit.

She then drifted off. Seemingly moments later she was being woken up by the sound of screaming. Her eyes opened and the girl was no longer in her arms. She saw two dead men next to her.

"Now of you-"

"Look out!" Kill exclaimed as a knife hit the side of her throat only to see that there was a hand coming to her throat. Yet the knife hit a vital artery and she pulled the knife out. Spraying blood everywhere. She dodged out of the way to ensure that she did not get any on her.

"Did. Did you just save my life!?"

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to! I just had to defend myself! I didn't mean to shoot that gun. I dish even know that it was loaded!"

"No, it's alright. Let's just get out of here."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scar Parents Fight Part Three

The Nine Dragons The Serpent Dragon Part Three

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Six

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Four

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Three

Scar Parents Fight Part Four

Scar Parents Fight Final Part