Bounty Hunter Bash Blood Lock Arc Part One

The Bounty Hunter Princess

Princess Drew was training with her father. She had being this for the past year. She had even sparred with some of the better trained knights! (Even-though she had always lost) This proved interesting to her and caused her to come to respect them more and their service to the kingdom. The one knight that she came to resect the most was Sir Follied, he may have been known as an old fool, but even-though he was thrice the age of the knights, he still knew how to fight well.
Her father had even hired several knights to carry large targets that eclipsed both knight and horse to gallop during target practice to make it harder for her. This, at first became hard but now they were easy as breathing. She never hit a horse leg and now they all knew that she was ready.
This, she somehow knew, would be the last time that they would spar so she put her heart into the fight. She met sword strike after sword strike and he too, in turn, would meet hers. Then she, just out of a fluke caused her father to fall onto his back.
They then moved to the targets and fired shot after shot. Her father timed her as she shot after shot until her quiver was empty. Hitting her target always in it's bulls eye.
“Good, that takes you five seconds. And, it embarrasses me to admit it, but I have nothing to teach you, so, it seems, that your training is complete.” he admitted. “Now, it is time for you to make you decision. What fate do you choose?”
She looked down for a moment and took her time to think, she had thought about this moment and she knew that by this point, the moment that she would choose where to go, would be not only the most important decision for her but for many other people too. She had sometimes wondered why she had this unshakable belief.
“I think that I need one more job before I make my decision. So, I want you to give me a job as Bounty Hunter Bash, and father, do not make it easy for me just because I am your daughter. And nor for the sake of my mother.” she said as her mother joined them and gave her a beautifully carved bow. It hand two dragons meeting in the middle and their wings protected their tails where the long orange string that linked the tails.
“Well...” he covered his chin and stroked his long beard as he thought. “There is a witch, Thistle, that lives on the borders of our kingdom. She has been stopping the traders from coming into the kingdom. I have put four emeralds on her head. Do you think-”
“Consider her in you jails.” she said as Sir Follied gave her a purple quiver loaded with black dragon arrows, made of the scales of the black dragons.
“Oh, you can not go on that! She is dangerous, too dangerous for you!” her mother exclaimed.
“So am I mother.” she reminded her.
“Yes I know, I guess that fighting is in our blood. After all, mother et my father by slaying the sorcerer that had cursed father to become a dragon.” she said her voice gave away more sorrow than she wished. “That day, when I lost my parents, I also lost my brother.”
She frowned as she looked away as a single tear fell form her eye.
“So please, I do not want you to die.” she said.
“I will not. And by the time the morrow comes, she will be in your jail.” she said.
“But what id you do die?” she asked.
“Then raise my brother well. However, as I said I will not die, and you shall meet death before me.” she said as she packed and set off to the Traders' Forest. She walked down the main path. That was where she would most likely be. She then climbed the nearest tree. She crouched and jumped from one tree to another. There she was able to find the small round hut with a thatched roof and layers upon layers of flat slates.
She smiled to see that the smoke was rising from the centre. This was good. She closed her eyes and focused on the fire that was lit. She could almost see it and then willed it to expand. Her eyes opened and the witch ran out as her hut became eclipsed by fire.
She then took out her arrow and fired it at her, using her confused disorientation to her advantage. She hit her in her shoulder. She then took her arrow and fired another arrow at her, but even-though she aimed for her knee cap, she hit her thigh and then she fired at the other and this time she got to her knee cap.
Her hear looked up and then her tree branch start to break. Knowing that she was going to fall she jumped to another. This branch also started to break. She jumped to another and another until she had none left for her. She then jumped lower and lower until she was back on the ground.
With this the witch looked to the fire of her hut and then looked back at her. She smiled as she fired a ball of fire at her. She dived out of the way. She then used her own magic to will the fire back at her and the fire became close to the arrows in her and they became hot and then she fell down.
Her eyes closed. She ran up to her and put her dagger to her mouth and let out a sigh of relief seeing it cloud up. She then put it away and picked her up. She then, by midnight, was back in the castle and the witch was in jail.
At sun rise her father paid her.
“So, what is your choice?”
“I choose the life of Bounty Hunter Bash. I prefer that life, and, I do feel that that is where my destiny lies. However, I will say this, I will be known as Bounty Hunter Bash Drew.” she said.
“Then fair well, and I hope that you come back one day.” he said.
She bowed and then left to pack her things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scar Parents Fight Part Three

The Nine Dragons The Serpent Dragon Part Three

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Six

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Four

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Three

Scar Parents Fight Part Four

Scar Parents Fight Final Part