The Queens' Trials

 

There was once a princess that became queen. Though the Queen was very beautiful, her subjects did not think that she was upto the task. So they gathered and decided to test her and should she pass, then they will always pledge loyalty to her no matter what. However, should she fail, they would all move away and pledge their loyalty to the rival king. They had discussed this all night and came up with the first trial. One of them ran to the royal kitchens and stole a few loaves of bread and did not get caught. He then went to the guards and confessed to his crime. That was when the Queen came by and the guard told her what the man had told him.

"I have heard your plea and I know the fitting punishment. You will spend three months mucking out the stables. And should anyone lift a finger to help you then they shall join you in your punishment and have it in double. This neither will be paid for." She declared. "And you are to start today."

Then tears of joy ran down his face.

"Oh you are merciful and disciplined!" He cried. "You have proven yourself oh Great Queen!"

She nodded graciously.

"Thank you."

The commoner served his punishment gratefully. This convinced many but many more remained unconvinced. They gathered together and discussed the second trial. When they had finished the discussion they had decided and set out to do it. One of them hid from sight and another confessed to his murder. 

"And why did you do this?" She asked, her voice calm and angry.

"I-I do not know." He said incapable of thinking of a lie.

"If that is your answer then I shall have to put you to death. It pains me greatly to have to do this but I know that it must be done. My father instilled in me that a kingdom is the wife, or, in my case, husband of the King or, in my case, Queen and our people are like our children and there are times of which when those need to be protected from others and I can not cast you out and exile you for you will kill again." She said as a soldier ran in.

"Your Majesty the rival king has arrived at the gate and he demands to see you now." He panted as he was pushed out of the way by that very king.

"Hello Your Majesty." He said calmly but with an arrogant and aggressive tone to his voice. "I would like for us to join our kingdoms together and bring an end to our long war. I think that marrying me would do that. Do you not agree? That way you need not worry about the complicated little things like peasants and I will help you by taking the burden of the crown off your delicate head and into more capable hands."

The Queens' lip curled.

"No, for I already know that would be forfeiting my kingdoms' freedom over to you and that is out of the question if that is the price." She said. "And I would rather die than bow or be wed to a pig like you!"

The Evil King sighed as his soldier brought out the man that had hid. She looked at the man that confessed to his murder.

"So you did not kill him after all." She scolded. "We shall decide on a suitable punishment for your lie."

"Are you sure that you would not bow a 'little pig like'-"

The Queen took up a sword and sliced his leg off! She then gripped his hair and pointed a sword at his throat.

"I will kill your Evil King if you do not let my man go!" She shouted her eyes were filled with a fierce bloodlust.

"You would kill a king for a peasant?!" The Evil King sneered.

"I would, for he is of far more worth than you!" She snapped. "And if you are anything like the king that you make yourself out to be then let my man go."

The Evil King looked at him which did not budge. Only to look at him and kill him on the spot!

"Then let my family be avenged!" He shouted as he turned the blade to himself but then the Queen cut the sword out of his hand.

"No, you must have your judgement fall in your own kingdom by the proper systems." She said as he was pulled away.

This was told throughout the kingdom and all pledged their loyalties to their Queen assured that the crown had passed their trials.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scar Parents Fight Part Three

The Nine Dragons The Serpent Dragon Part Three

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Six

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Four

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Three

Scar Parents Fight Part Four

Scar Parents Fight Final Part