Bounty Hunter Bash Heart Lock Arc Part Five

 The Arrival


In the morning they burnt the witches' tavern down along with her body. Then they went on their way. They were on the road for a great amount of time without any threat. Then they turned a corner that gave them a glimpse of the wall of the border of the kingdom that they were born in.

"We're almost there."

Chashathrophogh curled his lip.

"What."

"Last time that I was here my parents had hired an assassin to kill me."

"Oh."

"What was your last memory here?"

"I left to collect your bounty."

"By the way,  I've always wondered, why did you leave here, the first time?"

"My parents tried to marry me off to hide the fact that I was born out of wedlock."

He let out a chuckle.

"Looks like that was ineffective!" He laughed.

"Yeah!"

"Tell me, had anyone told you-"

"We're a lot alike? Yeah, mother and father never liked that, mother mainly. She tried to make me different so I guess I never could have a good working relationship with her. Tell me, did you love to use a bow and arrow too?"

"Yeah, though these days, I prefer blades and magic."

Wonder if I will be like that?

"Come on,  I think that we need to get this over as soon as possible."

Chashathrophogh nodded.

"Yeah how-"

They were snapped back into reality by a twig. They knew better than to look back. One took out her bow and then loaded her arrow and fired. Then an arrow was fired back and Chashathrophogh caught it before it could hit her. He then flicked it in the arrow back to where it came from. As it flew he set it alight. He then looked at her to move. She nodded and ran down to where the person was, she fired again. She then heard them jump up. She then fired where he was going. She heard a grunt and he fell.

She was about to go to where they were but Chashathrophogh signaled for to stay where she was. He used his magic to drag him over to them. He then pulled out a dagger. Chashathrophogh kicked it out of his hand and threw it at him and he died.

"Now do you see why I prefer magic and daggers?"

"Yeah. Do you think that there are more?"

"Probably."

She nodded as they walked on as he burnt his attacker. They soon came closer to the border,  however they knew that they would have to keep their guard up. So, when they took a break to eat,  Bounty Hunter Bash took a few glances around her.

"Bash, don't look up tight. Learn to look around and make it appear to not look like it." 

"Like you?"

"Yes."

"Will you teach me?"

"What's the point?"

Oh yeah… She thought as she felt something sink in her chest. Even though there was no blade in her heart, it felt like it. 

"What?"

"Nothing."

It was in this moment that she remembered when she had used her magic to kill. She remembered how he hugged her how her parents would. Yet, she knew that if either of her parents were there they would have neither hugged her or understood. Yet even if they did it would have been in the same way.

"On another note,  what do you think that we should do once we get back there?"

"Well,  I'll have to ask for a private conversation with my sister."

"What danger is Mother in?"

His eyes married and his demeanor became guarded. However as he realised that she would come to that truth he let his guard down slightly.

"I think that we should talk about this in private." He said.

So it's something that can be magically overheard.

She soon spotted something in the corner of her eye. She was about to look but she remembered what Chashathrophogh had said and stopped herself. She knew that she would have to get her bow, but she had to make it look natural. So she took it out. She looked at it and plucked the string.

"You know, I think that this would need a new string."

"Do as you will.'

She then pulled out the arrow.

"I mean it!" She expelled childishly. "I'll show you!"

She loaded it and fired, which was followed by a scream.

"Looks like you hit something!" He said with a smirk.

"Hope that he will be alright."

"Want to check?"

"Couldn't hurt."

She then walked over to where the scream came from. She soon spotted her broken arrow and a small pool of blood. She then felt a blade touch her neck.

"Well,  you caught me off guard."

Her eyes spotted the blade and she did her best to look calm.

"Are you sure?"

She then hit him in the ribcage causing him to drop the blade. She spun but before she was able to load her bow again he gripped her wrist and upper get in. She kneed him in the groin and then punched him in the throat. Before she hit he hit her in her gut and she was almost crouched on the ground clutching her stomach, however age was made of stronger stuff. She then used her magic to will him aside. She then pulled out an arrow and hit him in the thigh. As he limped to her Chashathrophogh hot him with a fireball.

"That was fun!"

"I think that we need to go now."

He nodded.

"Yes. That would be a good idea."

They started to wall to the border.

"What do you think would happen if they arrest me?"

"I hardly know, I haven't thought about it. Maybe that was the plan."

"Well if it was, then we will cross that bridge when we come to it." He said as they crossed the border.

"You have a lot of nerve coming back here after all you have done Chashathrophogh!" Spoke Sir Follied.

"I know."

"And why are you of all people with this murderer?"

"No time we need to talk to mother!"

"Yes, you do." He said as they turned and marched on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scar Parents Fight Part Three

The Nine Dragons The Serpent Dragon Part Three

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Six

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Four

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Three

Scar Parents Fight Part Four

Scar Parents Fight Final Part