Bounty Hunter Bash Heart Lock Arc Final Part

 The Lies And The Truth


"Drew, what is this all about?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you here with the man that killed my parents?"

"Our parents and an evil warlock, which I suspect is a dark lord, used magic to bind us together." 

"I was not talking to you. I was talking to my daughter." She shaped coldly.

"Well it is what happened, and I think that the one that did this was the one that has been turning the Royal children born out of wedlock against their parents."

She nodded with an icy look.

"And next you will tell me that if I execute this murderer then you will die too?" She scoffed.

"Yes."

She scoffed.

"I don't believe it! I was warned about this!"

They frowned.

"What do you mean?" 

"There was a man that killed my husband and son."

"W-what? Father and my brother-" she said, shocked incapable of processing such information.

"Silence! After all it was him that hired that man and he would have killed me too if Sir Follied wasn't there to save me!" She said. "So how can you , of all people, defend him?"

"When did he?"

"Be gone! Chashathrophogh, tomorrow I will have your head. And as you are the only one who can inherit the throne, Drew, you will live but I will find you a husband that will be fitting for you! Now take her to her room and lock her in!"

They were forced apart and Bounty Hunter Bash started to feel weak as they all moved further and further apart. Chashathrophogh too. The soldiers threw her into her old room. She then heard the lock click. She could feel herself growing weaker and weaker. She looked at the lock and forced herself to the door. She kept quiet and listened to the guards. They knew that they would be competent, however not all that much. She knew her mother enough to know that she would not see her as anything but a princess that she could not control, or a rebellious girl trying to foolishly prove herself. She never saw her the way that her father did.

She then realised that it had not set in yet that the only parent that saw the for who she truly was,  was dead. Her baby brother too… Suddenly she felt a strange loneliness as she processed it.

Why though? Why is this happening? Why did my father and baby brother get killed? What's the point of all this? Why does that man want me and my uncle dead?

Well it would not matter if either of us are dead. So I am going to have to get out of here. I need to get me and Uncle Chashathrophogh out of here.

But when and how?

She thought. She knew that she could not be right now,  if she did that then her mother would know that she had underestimated her.

What am I thinking? Am I really going against my own mother? How? How did it come to this? Never mind that when haven't I?

She let out a long and deep breath to calm herself down. She had to. She knew that her mother would not know how to calm herself down nor listen to reason, she never did. Her father did, not to mention he was always a voice of reason and competence. It was her father that knew her and it was always him that she was always close to.

Meanwhile her mother was always trying to connect a daughter that age barely knew and projecting herself onto. Then trying to protect that daughter without even considering or helping her to handle or protect herself. To her mother, she could only protect her by marrying her off to a stranger, who she thought would protect her. Her mother knew nothing, she never did.

She waited until it was night. Even though she was extremely weak she used her magic to unlock the door. She leveled the rotten of her breathing and claimed herself. She knew that it would be a mistake to escape this way. And she knew that a mistake would cost her dearly.

She knew that neither she nor Chashathrophogh could afford that. She looked through the keyhole. She was about to open it but soon saw that that would be a mistake. So she got up and walked to the window and slowly opened it and looked outside. She let out a sigh, there was none there. She then heard the door click.

Mother!

She willed the key to weld to the keyhole. She then put a heavy desk in front of the door and then weld the lock to the wall too, for good measure. She then pulled the curtains down. She heard the door bang and this caused the adrenalin to give her a boost of strength, yet she forced herself to not focus on that. She had to focus on this. She tied them all together and then let them out of the window.

By the time her mother finally barged into the room, she was already gone. The window was open. The curtains hanging out of the window like a rope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scar Parents Fight Part Three

The Nine Dragons The Serpent Dragon Part Three

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Six

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Four

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Three

Scar Parents Fight Part Four

Scar Parents Fight Final Part