The Blue Rock And I Re-enter The Blue Rock Arc Part Four


The Tempting Dream

We travelled a long time before we came out of the forest. The walked on some more until we walked over to a flower bed of white and red poppies. I thought that they were beautiful, like a pointillists painting. It looked so beautiful, I never thought that I could see such beauty in the world of the rock.
I could feel me feet were hurting that I knew that there were going to be blisters. That was what I was not going to look forward to telling my mum about. Nor was I going to enjoy telling her what had happened to me all of the years that I was gone and why I hadn't aged a day. In-fact I didn't want to talk to her at all about the rock nor its world. No, I wanted to keep it to myself my little secret. I didn't want to share it with anyone. But I knew that I must.
I could just stay. My mind pointed out to me. I could just stay and never have to tell mum anything. Yeah...I could stay in this would, where I can go on adventures with my friends and I don't have to deal with death, or change or anything that I had to deal with in my world.
I thought about it for a bit but I could feel that my mind was getting foggy and lazy. It was like there was something over it, making my thinking slow. My eyelids were getting heavy and I found it getting difficult to lift them.
Even my legs weren't working properly for I felt them move and bump into each-other. I let myself fall and I was too far gone to feel the pain of my fall. I was now flying to a different world, one in my mind. One of dreams and where things were light and bright.
I saw a woman with a long white dress, like the ones that angels wore. She had long golden locks, like the sun had been trapped within each strand of hair. Her eyes were ink blue, like deep dark water. With a face the colour of sand witch held an other worldly beauty.
She walked gracefully over to me like she was floating.
“Oh deer,” she said her voice rang like the sound of a glass bell. “how hard you have had it in your world.”
“H-how do you know that?” I asked as I felt myself becoming calmer and calmer as she came closer and closer to me.
“My poppies tell me all what plagues peoples hearts. They tell me so that I know how to help them.” she said.
“Why?”
“Because I love to help those in need.” she said as she wrapped her arms around me and in spite of the alarm I felt in my heart I felt more relaxed than I could have imagined.
I felt a peace and I knew, deep down that this was what I needed. All this time I needed some one to hug me and make me feel safe. After my father died, after Akinastu. I knew that all this time all I needed was someone to comfort me.
I felt a tear fall from my cheek.
“Come on child, tell me about it.” she said and as soon as I opened my mouth I found it difficult to stop. I found myself telling her all about every time I fought with other children, who must now all be adults. I told her all about my evacuation to England. About my previous adventures in the rock. About my life between leaving and retuning and Akinastu.
“Oh, my child, how very unfortunate you have been. Tell me, if you could, would you wish to forget all of that?” she asked.
I looked away. Part of me wanted to forget. I wanted to go on in my bliss. I wanted to forget about my dead father and about Akinastu, but I knew that would not be fair. Not on my friends, not for my mother and not for my aunt.
“No, that would not be fair on the others.” I said.
“And what about remaining in the rock?” she asked.
“No, I want to go back to my mum and aunty again.” I replied.
“How about your father? What if you stay here, I can see if I can resurrect him?” she asked.
I looked down. It was true that I wanted to see him again, and I knew that mum wanted to see him again, but that would mean that she would not see me again ever. I also knew that I wanted to see my mum and aunt but I knew that that that would be selfish of me.
But would it be fair on my dad? I questioned.
“No. that would not be fair on my father.” I said.
I then frowned as I started to wonder why she was asking me all this. Why was she trying to get me to stay here? What would she get out of this?
She's a witch.
With that I pushed her away in alarm.
“Wake me up you witch!” I growled.
She shrugged acceptant of her words.
“As you wish.”
My eyes opened. The poppies were dead and we went on our way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scar Parents Fight Part Three

The Nine Dragons The Serpent Dragon Part Three

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Six

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Four

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Three

Scar Parents Fight Part Four

Scar Parents Fight Final Part