Bounty Hunter Bash Location Lock Part Eight
The Rebuilding Of Houses
“Well, is it dead?”
“I don’t know! Then again, I don’t think that I want to know.”
“It’s probably alive, just we put it completely to sleep. Well for a good couple of years.”
“Thank you! You saved us from that creature.”
“Don’t mention it.”
“I can’t believe that you killed that thing.”
“We don’t know that dear-”
“Cerpheres!”
“What!? We don’t know! Could wake up in a couple of years!”
“Look, the only reason we did that was to survive.”
“We will call you three heroes of the pale!”
“Don’t.”
“We’re not heroes.”
“Well you saved us from that thing. The island!”
At this Bash and Chashathrophogh looked at each other and rolled their eyes. Already knowing that there was no point in arguing further.
“Anyway, we need to get back to our raft and get back to our ship.”
“‘Your ship’? You have a way to get off this creature island?”
“Yes.”
“Do you want to come?”
“How about we help you build a bigger and better raft?”
“Sure. And in return, we will help rebuild your homes, well the homes that want to stay.”
“Cerpheres!”
“What! Come on, it’ll be fun!”
“We don’t have the time, honestly! We need to get back to our ship before Wolfox or Kitsuné Ryu either kill Strena or Zarry or Leonardo!”
He draped himself over him and gripped his arm.
“You need to relax more! Nothing’s gonna happen!” He sang rubbing it. “Why don’t you take some of those that want to stay and those that want to go?”
“Get off me!”
“Make me.”
He punched him in the stomach and he dropped.
“C’mon! You don’t have to abuse me like that!”
“Shut it! And we both know that didn’t hurt you as much as you’re making it out to be.”
He then relaxed.
“Well, I am right! After all, helping them is the responsible thing to do!”
He looked down.
“There is no arguing with you, is there?”
“Not if you want to turn me on!” He sang with a wink.
At this he cringed in disgust as they both split and within an hour they had a list of fifty out of three hundred that wanted to stay.
“Right, now, how many homes will we need to rebuild?!” Asked Chashathrophogh, wanting to get this over and done with as fast as he could.
“Well, it depends on how many remaining families there are. So we may not have to rebuild that many.”
“Well, that’s the next thing we should do.”
“Aaaafter?”
“Chopping down the trees to build a few cottages or huts.”
“And do you know how to build one of those?”
“Yeah, along with raising chickens.”
“Do you live in a cottage?”
“What’s it to you?”
“Nothing! Just wondered where a guy like you would live.”
At this he looked at Bash. She nodded and they left to collect the numbers. When they came together it came to one hundred and twenty. So they all went onto chopping the trees down. Then Bash and Cerpheres followed Chashathrophogh’s instructions on how to build the cottages including on how to make the thatched roof. All looked identical to his own home, save the chickens. Yet Bash noticed that they did not use magic once. On top of that, he seemed to smile every now and again, almost like he was feeling satisfied. Especially with the fact that everyone was joining in and it took only two or three days.
That was when Cerpheres draped his arm around him making the smile drop.
“Tell me, why didn’t you use magic to build them?”
“Yeah. As much as it disgusts me to admit it; he’s right. It would have been quicker.”
“Hay!”
He put his finger to his shoulder and flicked the man’s arm off him like a fly.
“Woah!”
“Never used magic on building things. It will corrupt the house. I once did that and I just could not sleep right while living in it and when I left, I still could not sleep. Only I would find myself waking up in that house. So I had to burn it down. I did not fully understand what was going on until Grasharlo told me that all houses that are built with magic end up becoming traps for the occupier unless you’re a Dark Lord or Lady. She once trapped Zarry that way.”
Bash nodded.
“And you think I’m creepy!”
He suddenly smirked the same smirk that she saw when they met. Suddenly she felt her heartbeat increase as she felt slightly afraid.
“Well, how about this? For some reason, buildings touched by magic attract evil spirits!”
“Seriously, are you trying to give me nightmares?”
“‘Nightmares’?” He chuckled. “Wouldn’t that be an enjoyable dream for you?”
He shrugged as Chashathrophogh’s smile changed to one of bliss.
“Also, it is far more satisfying to use manual labour to build things.”
“Oh.”
It’s probably why I built one way too many homes for my chickens.
By the Demon Realm, I hope that they haven’t eaten each other, again.
“Right, time to get that raft built!”
This took another day.
Comments
Post a Comment