Strena The Youngest Assassin Arc Final Part

 Vows To Lok


After Strena had arrived back at the assassin's tavern she had a long night's sleep. When she woke up the next day she put her clothes on. She then looked outside just in time to see Zaryb kill another man in a fight. She rolled her eyes as she drew the curtain and walked down the stairs. She got her breakfast. She was in the middle of eating it when Zaryb came in laughing. He got himself a beer and joined her.

"Are you ready to make your vows?" He asked.

"Only you can know!" She signed. "Tell me, how long will I have to do this?"

"As long as I say." He said. "But you don't need to worry about that."

She nodded as she looked aside to see someone kill a small creature.

"What is that all about?" she asked, pointing to them.

"The Slayers Guild. Even though you're well more advanced than most if not all your age."

"All thanks to your training."

His mouth twitched slightly.

"I can see that you're not ready to take down any dragons. So until then, you'll be staying here and when I think it's time we'll be leaving here."

"And why is that?" She asked, guarded.

"Simple, because even though you have successfully killed a warlock and a witch,  it is not the same as slaying a magical creature."

She nodded as she felt something between pure shock and excitement.

He smiled.

"You like that don't you?"

"Maybe, but if you're gonna have me slaying dragons I'm gonna have to get more training in!"

"So finish that as soon as you can."

She nosed as she ate as much as she could. She was soon finished. They then walked out and went to a small field area. There, they trained as much as they could. She fort as much as she could until her arms and legs became like jelly. They soon last on the grass to rest. Soon they returned to the tavern. She saw another man kill someone in the street.

"Master Zaryb, what are they all about?" She asked.

"The being deathmatches. Want to try one?"

"Nah! I think that I'll do that later! After all, I would like to get my vows over and done with."

"That's fair!"

"Yo! Zarry! Who's that girl you got there? She seems yummy." Said a man. She turned around and soon recognised him as the man that killed that woman in that alley.

"Well,  why don't you come here to see how yummy I am!" She said.

He laughed as he crouched to her.

"Girl, do you even know what you just said?" 

"I'm not sweet." She said as she quickly slit his throat. He fell completely stunned as he died. Zaryb looked at her with the same look as earlier. He soon suppressed the expression.

"By the way,  what did he mean by all that?"

"I'll tell you when you're older." He said.

"Anyway, do you know that guy's gang?"

"Yes."

"I would like to find them to join in wherever they go when they die."

He laughed as they arrived at the door. She spotted that there was a ruby carving of the man with a knife in his hands.

"Now go up to him."

"What do I say?"

"You'll know when you take the blade."

She then walked up to it and took the knife. She looked at the man that she knew was Lok, she fell into a strange trance. Then his lips started to move.

"Strena Az, do you vow to be used as a tool to serve me?"

"Yes." She said, her voice felt like it was miles away.

"Now, I would like you to note that if you break this vow, I will come to kill you. Are you sure?"

"Yes"

"Good, now get your master to cut my mark on your face. All, from this moment on, your kills shall be sacrificed to me."

She took the knife to Zaryb and he clenched her jaw and exposed her right cheek to him. He then,  within the flicks of his wrists he cut a deep cut that was in the shape of an F under her brown eye. Then the cold sting of the pain sank in. She screamed in pain, yet she clenched her fist to stop herself from crying. She forced herself to calm down.

"Strena, give this back to Lok." He said.

She nodded as she bit her lip to stop herself from screaming again. She took it and gave it back to the statue. She then bowed and her blood fell into the hand and was absorbed.

'Now,  leave this place as Strena Azlok."

She nodded and walked away. She then took her place next to Zaryb. He son cleaned her wound and they left the tavern. She did not want to celebrate with the rest. No,  she wanted to celebrate in a different way. With Zarybs' help she was able to find and quickly despose of all of that mans' gang. She, on the way of retuning to the tavern,  bought a journal. 

"Why did you buy that?"

"I just want to chronicle my life and the journey that I have been on. And, yes, I will be honest in this book, so the only one who should read this is me." She said

He smiled.

"Alright!"

They then returned to the tavern and cleaned her weapons. She then joined the others for the celebration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scar Parents Fight Part Three

The Nine Dragons The Serpent Dragon Part Three

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Six

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Four

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Three

Scar Parents Fight Part Four

Scar Parents Fight Final Part