Princess Cari Prelude Arc Part Five


Wars End

Cari, Scar, Hikari all took turns looking after Riku as Ryo flew in the air. He had long since told them about his curse by that time. In the morning he was sleeping on the deck his clothes back on. This was all that happened during the trip, they all had nothing else to do other than talk to each-other. So they all used this to get to know each-other better and they all knew that this would be essential moving forward, for if the war is coming to an end, then the beast step forward was to act like allies now.
Then when they arrived two months later they took another week to dock at Mie'mory for they all knew by that time they were the most neutral grounds and would have little to argue against.
“So, how are we going to bring our fathers and the other kings together?” asked Hikari.
“Well, we all need to pick a king to get to a specific location, one that would mean that we would have the advantage.” Ryo said.
“What about the forest aria, you know where we met?” Cari suggested.
“Perfect. So I'll take my dad, my step-mother, the witch would be busy doing her thing in the mountains this time and she will not be back until tomorrow.”
“By which time your father would know the situation and from what I can tell she would be executed for her crimes.”
“No, Cari and I are going to kill her, after all there might be a spell on him and if that is the case then-”
“The moment he sees her he'll fall back under it and the war will continue.”
“Which would bring everything that we have done up until now to nothing.”
“Right, so, Hikari, I think that it would be better if you go to Lightlot, and Cari, you go to Fireheeart and Scar you go to Scorcher.”
“And who's going to look after Riku while everybody's getting their kings?” Scar pointed out.
“I will.” Hikari said. “After all, won't he come to the place faster if I have him rather than anybody else?”
“Yes, but what about-”
“We met in Mie'mory Ryo, he will come to keep his own people safe, and if I tell my- King Alexander then he too will come just to see if it's true or not.” Cari pointed out.
“Good point and I would think that it would be best if you tell both of them.” he said.
So over the next day they made their journeys to the kings and Cari told both the king of Lightlot and her father as Scar helped Ryo tell his father and the king of Scorcher the truth and but the next day on unicorn back they were at the place where Hikari was.
They were about to race to the spot where she was and that was when Cari and Ryo forged a ring of fire around them all. They all looked at the three outraged by what they did.
“Cari what is the meaning of this?” King Alexander asked.
“Ryo what in the Deamon Realm are you doing boy?” King Vladen demanded.
“Well why don't you all shut up and listen, after all, I do have a lot to say. First let me begin with clarifying that it was not the kingdom of Fireheart that took your son it was me! After all I did not want my half-brother to be raised by that witch you married. Which I am willing to bet was the one who told you that he was taken by King Alexander.” he snapped.
“How could-how did you know?”
“Simple I have reason to believe that she really is a witch in liege with none other than Dark Master Lord Gajellidor Darcrogh.” he said as he passed his father the book of his kingdom. “And I have the proof to back it up.”
His father took it and looked at the first page and his hand shook.
“This handwriting...It's his handwriting!” he barely whispered.
“Yes, during our time in Emerald we met someone who told us the truth and how he was able to trick King Mortmor and King Fireheart's son into all out war.” Hikari said giving out the rest to the other kings.
“WHAT! So it is true! Ryo, I've married a treasonous witch! I've got to have her-”
“No father. She'll enchant you and them you'll be lost which is why I am going and Cari's coming with me. You all stay here and read those books. Come sister we have a witch to kill.” he said as they left the ring.
The journey took them an entire day but Ryo was able to show Cari the quickest way and soon they were in the castle.
The witch Queen Kirtanna arrived. She looked well and her eyes were glowing with malice.
“Good afternoon Ryo and Cari. I was wondering when you would come.” she asked with such a calm and deadly tone that it unnerved them. “I hope that after finding out the truth you hardly thought that I would still keep up the act.”
“So all that time you were acting like you were delusional?”
“Of course, after all I hoped that the act would cause you to commit suicide, but I should have known that a dragon prince like yourself would be more tolerant than that.” she commented. “Now looks like I'm going to have to dispose of you the old fashioned way.”
She closed her eyes and soon the room became dark. Ryo closed his eyes and focused on her and imagined her frozen but there was something stopping him from freezing her so he imagined her on fire but she did not burn. He then felt himself heating up and used his magic to keep him cool but then he stared to feel colder and colder. He used his magic to heat him up. He had to bite back the pain as his curse opened up his forearm.
Meanwhile Cari aimed her crossbow at her and fired and the tip plunged itself in her shoulder she then used her magic to set the arrow alight. She felt the skin of her finger open up which she too gritted her teeth and held back the urge to cry out in pain. She looked down and spotted that he witch was looking directly at her.
She felt her lungs get hard. She found that it was getting difficult to breathe. She closed her eyes and an image of her lungs turning to rock came to mind. She imagined her lungs turning back to normal. Soon she fell on the ground wheezing as the cut on her finger opened up to her wrist.
Queen Kirtanna walked slowly up to her as she curled up clutching her chest.
“You know the gods will be happy if you died right now. In fact them and the Dark Master Lord will reward me greatly if I presented them with your head.” she said as something made a short whooshing sound and the witch fell down dead.
Later after the celebrations Ryo and Cari walked up to their fathers.
“Listen, we've been talking a lot and now that the celebrations are over we have to leave this place. It seems that Cari was the first to sense it, but she and I no longer belong here. In fact I have been feeling a calling to another place. Let Riku become king after you for I do believe that even-though most of what that witch did and said was an act, however she was right about one thing, it was her son that belonged on that throne. Not me, I belong somewhere else and so does Cari.” he said.
King Vladen nodded with a look of understanding.
“I know, and I must admit I have always known that, however it did nothing to stop my dread of this day. Goodbye my son, and know that regardless of how I have acted and said I am proud of you and I love you.” he said as he leaned in and gave his son a hug.
The following day they and Scar were off back to the Queendom isles.
The Prelude Arc End
Pricess Cari Will
Return...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scar Parents Fight Part Three

The Nine Dragons The Serpent Dragon Part Three

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Six

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Four

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Three

Scar Parents Fight Part Four

Scar Parents Fight Final Part