Lasta Coop Pre-teen Stories

 Story Eight
Otb's First Encounter

Lasta knew that her senses were not lying to her, she really was on another planet! She crotched down and rested her hand on the neon silver grass. She jumped slightly as she realised the grass felt like wet seaweed. When she turned her hand over she saw that there was a neon silver liquid that seemed to help the pain that the X on her hand brought her. She then spotted that the liquid sank into her pause.
Interesting, I wonder what planet I'm on?Does this mean that I'm really cursed? Does this really mean that I can't go home? No, I will go home, and when I do, I will tell mum everything that I see along the way. I wish that I could bring her along on one of my adventures, Latso too.
This put a smile on her face at the thought. She even let a faint giggle escape her lips which disappeared the moment she turned around and spotted Otb running at her!
“Hey!” he shouted as he ran at her. Fearing what he would do to her she turned and ran. “Stop! You have to stop!”
She turned and then tripped up and she felt something heavy hit her head and the next thing that she knew was darkness. When she woke she spotted that her head was covered with something as she touched it she felt a hand grip it.
“Easy girl, easy.” she heard Otb say. “You were almost hit by a bom.”
“Why are you helping me?” she asked suspiciously.
“Why would I not? I mean what on Zennotropalice were you doing in the Kelito region anyway?” he asked.
“What?” she asked confused. He gave a slight sigh and smiled.
“You are not from Zennotropalice are you?” he deduced.
“No.”
“Well, Zennotropalice is at war at the moment that mainly involves the Tricenta and the Kelito people.” he explained.
“And how long has this war gone on?” she asked wanting to know more about this Otb, that clearly has not met her yet.
“Abouts three hundred zelz, although it temporarily came to an end when my parents came together and be-wedded then had me, so that makes me a Kelitotricenta, however the war became reignited when my father, a Kelito killed my mother and then I was left behind, so I can be quite the outsider. Life maybe rough on me, but life is life I guess!” he said with acceptance. After learning this Lasta knew that this was not the Otb that had tried to kill her twice and lost her fear of him.
It seems like we're alike in the outsider part. I mean my biological mother too died, and she was an old woman! Al-though I don't know anything about my father. She thought but refrained from saying this to him.
“Well at least you have a home.” she said optimistically. Then realised that now that she was cursed he had more than her. He smiled wider and nodded.
“So, do you have a home?” he asked.
“I do, but thanks to an evil fairy I can't go back there.” she admitted.
“What planet is it on?” he asked.
“Earth.”
“Wait, Earth, as in Sub-Terra? The Forbidden Planet?” he asked.
“Why's it forbidden?”
“You do not know?” he asked almost without a voice.
“Know what?”
“What zel is it?” he asked. “What year I mean.”
“Twenty fourteen, why?” she said.
“Then the WGE has not happened yet...So that means that I cannot tell you.” he said as he rested his thumb on his chin.
“Why not?”
“Spoilers.” he laughed. “Anyway, here, eat this.”
He handed her a bowl of a lime green goo with dark green balls in. It smelt sweet and reminded her of honey. She took her spoon out and scooped up a spoon full of the food which turned blue and it rose to her mouth. Feeling slightly disgusted she closed her eyes and her mouth closed around it. To her surprise it tasted like blue-berry jelly. When the ball popped in her mouth she soon had the taste of strawberry jam!
Otb smiled.
“Typical, of all the food of this planet, tiririki is the only thing that you Earthlings, all would be willing to eat!” he laughed to himself as he looked out at the deep burgundy sky. “Anyway, it seems to be getting dark. Scene as you do not have a place to sleep, you are going to have to stay here.”
“Thanks!” she said surprised at his kindness. Is this really the same Otb that had tried to kill me twice? If not, then what happened for him to change? If I can find that out then perhaps I could stop it before it even happens.

LC

Later that night Lasta woke from a nightmare that she suddenly could not remember. She then hear a metallic wooshing noise that came from the door. She spotted Otb leaving with an anxious look on his face. Lasta, as silently as she could climbed out of bed and followed him. She tailed him until she came to a forest with blue trees with crimson leaves. When he stopped she took the initiative to climb a nearby tree and hidden herself among the leaves. Something told her that she did not want him to know that she was there.
She then spotted creatures that looked humanoid but they had purple scales and horns that stuck out from their heads like spiked hair.
So...this must be the Kelito...She deduced. Now I know where he gets his monstrous side from...
“So, if it isn't little Otburrogh, so will you tell me why we're here?” asked the tallest one.
“Tricenta will fall tomorrow, uncle.” he declared.
“And you have a fall guy?” asked his uncle.
“Better, a fall girl.” he replied. “And get this, she is a child from the Forbidden Planet who claims to have come before the WGE.”
Their faces dropped like as if someone slapped them in the face and then they looked at each-other with nothing but unease. The tall one looked at him sternly.
“Tell my little nephew, did this girl have a silver eye and a curse mark?” he asked slightly concerned.
“Yes I saw the X on her palm.” he replied.
“Then we must not do this. Kitalina did prophase that should a girl appear then our defeat will be set in stone.” he said.
“So, does she need to be taken care of?” Otb asked.
“Yes, she does, and it has to be the first thing that we do.” he explained.
“Well that should not be difficult, provided the fact that she is already here.” he said pointing directly at her! Lasta's eyes widened. How long did he know that she was here? Did he know right from the beginning? What tipped him off? Will they drag her down and kill her? Or will they kill her right there and then? How was she able to escape? ZZZ Not now I need to think! ZZZ Where is that buzzing coming from anyway?ZZZ She then looked back only to see a gigantic hornet with red stripes instead of yellow.
“My name it Bientayle I am here on Queen Bieatrice's orders. Climb on my back if you want to escape.” it said. Already seeing the lasers primed on her she obeyed without question.
“How did you know?” she asked.
“Our future visioner saw that you would be in danger and so I was ordered.” she replied as she dodged a laser and flew.
“How are you able to speak to me? I didn't see your mouth move after all.” she asked.
“We Horntell are a telepathic communicative race. I am going to drop you off in my hive.” she replied.
It was not long until she saw a jaded brown structure. When she did she felt herself drop to the structure and as she did she spotted a hole at the top of the structure, like an odd mini-volcano. She then felt herself dive into the hole to see a bight colour that was somewhere between gold, yellow and orange and many gigantic wasps buzzing as they went about their business. As she looked down for the bottom she spotted one even bigger with green stripes instead of the rest of them. She knew who she was as they flew towards her. They were soon on the ground.
As she looked up she could see that she had a crown growing out of her head. She could feel the need to bow her head to this queen and then she told her what has happened.
“I was expecting but also afraid that Otburrogh Arbust would betray the Tricenta to the Kelito, despite then taking in the hybrid child.” she commentated.
“Why?” Lasta asked.
“The Kelito have a specific dark nature about themselves that the Tricenta foolishly ignore and blame their upbringing. They really can not fathom the danger that they put themselves in every time they spare or try to defend one.” the Queen replied.
“Are you going to stop them then?”
“Yes, that is why you are here child.”
“What...I mean why? What can I do? I mean I'm just a girl!” she asked.
“A friend of yours, Me'rystoh, told us to ask of you the winning stratagem.” she replied.
“Who's Me'rystoh? Never mind, I'll probably bump into him later on.” she said more to herself. “Well, I think that we should fly over the place where the Kelitos-”
“Kelito! The singular is the plural like the rest of the races of this planet.”
“Yeah, then target their vulnerable places and dive in for a stinging. Then one of you could go to the Tricenta and tell then what is happening.” she said. The Queen nodded as Lasta could feel her smile on her.
“Then that is what we will do.” she said.
Soon she was back in he air, but she this time she was armed with a stinger. The hive had descended on the Kelito army within hours. They were stinging everything in sight. Soon the army had divided in two making the hive's job just that much more easier. Then the Kelito used their lasers and Horntell fell like rain. Only to be replaced by their brothers and sisters. The battle was over before Lasta knew it.
They all buzzed loudly, like a cry of victory which became deafening for the girl causing her to cover her ears to prevent future damage! She laughed as she started to feel pain in her pulsating ears. She knew that her ears were about to burst at any moment. She had to stop and looked up at the Queen trying to display her discomfort as she felt something dig into her shoulder. Then the buzzing ceased.
“You! You ruined it! I could have been accepted by my father's people, but no! That went out of the window the moment that you showed up!” shouted Otb as he ran to her and punched her. There were tears in his eyes. She fell back and landed on the neon silver grass. Her head banged against the ground, her head was still fragile from the the victory buzz, the bomb and what happened with Salynara so she knew that they both knew just how weak it was. Her vision blurred as she felt his foot in her hip.
“All you had to do was pretend that you had done it and I would have gotten all I ever wanted!” he cried. She then spotted the next moment these white haired and white skinned creatures with silver eyes.
This must be the Tricenta...She thought as she looked at Otb gave her the look that told her that he was already planning his revenge.

LC

Later that day King Zelton, the Tricenta king, gave her a device that was a black cylinder with a silver button. It felt like metal but something told her that it was anything but.
“Now, think of the place that you want to go, and press the button.” he told her. “It should take you there.”

“Thank you!” she exclaimed as she thought of home, her mother, her father and brother. She gripped onto the image as she pressed the button. With a flash she was gone! When she opened her eyes and knew that she was in her time but the first thing that hit her was the cold as her eyes rested on the see of snow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scar Parents Fight Part Three

The Nine Dragons The Serpent Dragon Part Three

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Six

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Four

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Three

Scar Parents Fight Part Four

Scar Parents Fight Final Part