Lasta Coop Pre-teen Stories

 Story Four
Strange Case Of Otb

“Look, I know that you say that your right eye changing it's colour is due to...The Fairy King changing it with magic, but are you sure that it is not anything in your life that could be causing this? Maybe a traumatic accident?” Shadi asked. The eight year old looked aside in anger, if she was like most children her age she would have thrown a paddy and only, seemingly, proved the woman's point. She felt her lip curl just wishing to do nothing but knock her out.
She just simply shrugged with her folded arms.
“Oh, I don't know. How else can your eye miraculously change from brown to silver, a colour that ordinary humans don't have?” she asked calmly with only but a hint of sarcasm.
“Oh, I don't know. Anything can happen these days.” she explained.
“What like apparently anything these days can cause cancer?” she sighed.
“I'm sorry, I forgot that you're brighter than most children your age.”
“And not all children my age had any attempts on my life!” she laughed absurdly.
“But, apparently you're immortal ain't you?” she asked.
“No, that kicks in when I'm eighteen.” she corrected.
She sighed as she left the session and soon she was feeling the familiar sensation of teleportation. She spotted the darkened hallway and knew that she was back on the Black Knight.
“Lasta Coop, I have a job for you to do.” sang a familiar voice. Sighing slightly she knew she was in danger, on yet another adventure that nobody was going to believe.
“What do you want Otb?” she shouted.
“Well, what do you think? I want revenge and to do that I want to kill you, however I am not an unfair hybrid, I will give you a chance to live, only if you pass my tests.” he said as Lasta spotted that there was something different in his voice. It was almost robotic.
Wonder why that is? Well, whatever is going on I'm just going to have to go along with it until I can find my way out of here then I can go home. She thought as her eyes dropped to the door ahead of her. Knowing that this was the only way to go forward she walked over the door which opened automatically. Then she came to three doors, one with a red light surrounding, one with amber and the last green. She smiled noticing the colours were like traffic lights.
“Now solve this first task to get you one step closer to me and, possibly home.” Otb's voice came from the speakers.
“I am good, I am bad
I am happy, I am sad,
I am the colour of envious sin
I am the colour of the first win
I am the colour of snake also
And for some I mean go” he said.
What? Lasta's lip curled as she thought on the riddle, her mind tracing every word. 'I am good and bad'...Well that could mean anything, 'I am happy and sad'...Also, anything...'I am the colour of envious sin'...Why so envious? Wait! Envy, snakes, go that's it!
“It's green!” she concluded. As the green door opened leading her to the next test that Otb had planed for her.
She found herself in another room with four doors but above the doors were words in white light. From left to right; ignis, ventus, aqua and finally terra. She sighed. Again? Seriously? What riddle is he going to give me this time? Well whatever it is it'll lead to the next room, I'm just hoping that it isn't another riddle like these two...It'll get really boring really quickly and I really need to get home...
“Alright, Otb, what's the next riddle?” she asked clearly demonstrating her annoyance.
“Patience, why you have hardly changed much.” he commentated.
“Well I am soever sorry, but you don't have to get home by a specific time.” she replied sarcastically.
“Well I am soever sorry for being such an inconvenience, but do you want to know the difference between you and I? Only one of us has a choice to be here and I can end you at any moment.” he replied adopting her tone. “No matter I will provide you your riddle,
I am the grass,
I am the trees,
I am the place of your birth
I am the place of your death,
I am the ground which you walk on,
What am I?”

She sighed as she raised her eyebrow. Is he even trying? She thought as she walked to the door with terra written above. Then she spotted a long tunnel that had a line of water dripping from it. She knelt down and spotted that it was longer than she thought. She closed her left eye and with her silver eye she could see that there was another room on the other side. Soon she could see something sparkling on the other side, like stars. Soon she knew why there was a line of water at the bottom of the tunnel.
“As you can see there is a tunnel and that leads to the next room. As you can see the water on the other side and it is only going to rise. Now here is the task, get to the other side, before the water rises to the top and drowns you.” he said again in that robotic tone.
Lasta nodded as she turned to walk back but was greeted by the door. Now the message was clear. She had only one option, she bit her lip in frustration. She had no choice but to turn back and climb inside. Her index finger on the line of water and her finger retracted. It was ice cold! Her heart raced and her face had no colour in it what so ever.
What the heck have I gotten myself into this time! I'd take the-JUST GET INSIDE! She felt her palms on the bottom of the narrow tunnel. It was fortunate that she was so small, for if she was average sized this would be a whole lot more difficult. As she travelled through the tunnel she could feel the water rising and her knees were getting numb. She could see her breath clouding her vision. Her school trousers were now soaking and she could feel her hips and legs shaking. She had started to cough as the cold entered her lungs. She soon was breathing uncontrollably rapid as she could see the water reach her elbow.
What? I thought that I had more time than that! Just how fast is this water rising anyway? She looked up ahead and her heart started to sink into the water below. COME ON!
She had no choice but to hurry up, but she started to feel colder and colder. Then the parts of her body that was underneath the water were beginning to hurt. She looked up and took her eyes. She started to feel the water underneath her chin. She placed one hand and foot in front of the other. Now her whole body was under the water. Then when she did not expect it she slipped under the water. Soon she was under the water and she knew that she had to stand. She could feel the ice cold water hit her. Her legs could move and she tried to stand but her legs missed their target. Her lungs were screaming. She tried again and this time they hit the floor soon she drank in the air like a soundless scream.
The doors opened leading to the room where Otb was. Her eyes were boiling with rage and she ran at him and then gave him a punch.
“GO TO HELL!” she shouted as he went flying. When he hit the floor he looked around.
“Where the Universe am I?” he asked as his eyes dropped to the girl. He then stood and rushed at her. She just barely dived out of the way. She then tried to hit him in the knee but he blocked her and took her by the collar. Soon he was breathing on her.
“What the Universe happened to me? Is this one of the other enemies that you have?” he demanded.
“I don't know! I don't know what you're talking about! I don't have any other enemies other than you!” she shouted.
“Really?” he asked almost unconvinced. He looked aside as he threw her across the room. She was about to land but then she felt something dig into her stomach causing her to urinate. She then felt herself flying in the cold air as she felt something in the curve of her back as she smacked into the floor. She was soon tasting blood as she looked up and spotted the teleportation leaver.

She spat the blood out of her mouth as she rose up knowing exactly what she was going to do. She ran to the leaver but was soon cut off as Otb kicked her in the rib. She cried out in pain as she heard something snap. She dived to the left risking more damage to her rib but she cartwheeled and jumped to the leaver and soon she was back at home. Where she collapsed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scar Parents Fight Part Three

The Nine Dragons The Serpent Dragon Part Three

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Six

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Four

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Three

Scar Parents Fight Part Four

Scar Parents Fight Final Part