Strena Attempts On Zaryb Arc Part One

 The First Attempt


Strena had been on the road for an entire year, during which she turned eleven. She did not know where she was traveling. Zaryb never told her. She hardly had any sleep, in fact every time she did sleep it was due to her passing out. Yet at the same time Zaryb seemed to do all he could to stop her from sleeping and whenever she woke from her moments of passing out he would always punch her and they would always walk on and she would miss meals due to walking on and on. This was how things were since she had dreamed of that strange woman.

She had written all this in her diary,  yet she had been too tired to write anything down. She, aside from the times she passed out, found it almost impossible to sleep.

She had recently started to hear whispering. She, at first, thought that it was Zaryb, until she saw that his mouth was closed. She also noticed that he was unresponsive to the whispering that told her that only she was hearing this. She questioned him once only for him to shut her down. So she kept quiet and tried to ignore it. Yet they became more and more frequent and she had started to hear the words.

"Kill him. Kill him. Kill him!"

She knew that these whisperings were not her own thoughts. No, the voice was not her own. It was older and more mature. However despite this, she knew who the whispering wanted to kill. She had been able to resist for a month but the lack of sleep was getting to her. She could even feel her resolve facing like the sand in an hourglass.

She could feel her power weakening and she had lost weight too. She felt weary beyond the words she could speak at that moment. She dated not to complain. She did not want Zaryb to hurt her again. So she just moved on and on throughout the great lands, like age was walking in a hot desert with a dry tongue. She kept as quiet as she could, yet she could hear the words become more and more predominant almost like the burning rays of the sun.

"H-" She moaned.

She suddenly stopped herself realising that her words would only fall on deaf ears.

I wish something would help me and save me from this man. I wish I had someone to help me and I wish someone would just hug me.

"You day something girl?"

She shook her head.

"Don't matter."

"Grammar!"

"Doesn't matter."

He smirked.

"If you say so." He sang as he sat.

"Come on. Let's see how you've improved your cooking skills."

She nodded.

She walked to the plants. She picked the herbs and picked a few wild vegetables. There she cleaned them and found a rabbit and stabbed it. She then skinned and gutted it. She then put them all in a pot to stew. As she looked in the pot her mind became numb as she felt her tiredness becoming almost overwhelming.

She then spotted that Zaryb looked into the mixture and stirred.

She felt her hand move as if it had a will of its own. She took some black berries and picked them. She then felt her hand crushing them over the pot. She started stirring the stew. She took out a bowl and gave it to him. She then felt the feeling like someone was looking out of her eyes as she looked at him. It made her cringe as she felt almost like she had lost control of herself.

"What is it girl?"

"Nothing." She felt her mouth say.

"Good. Now we have a long way to go." He said, raising his spoon to his lips and making a sleeping sound.

She felt the presence of the one that was controlling her leave her.

"Don't eat that! Something used me to put black berries in it!"

"I know, I have a record of those black berries. They're Black Death Berries which is why I made the sound. I knew that something was wrong when you crushed them. That's why I threw some White Life Berries in there. After all, if you combine the juice of both it creates a good tasting stew that helps sharpen the mind and does well for the digestive system."

She raised her eyebrow as she took her portion and took a slurp. She could taste peppery lamb with spicy but sweet vegetables. It tasted almost like the stew that her father would sometimes make. In fact it tasted exactly like it. Even though the vegetables were different the taste was identical.

"Mind telling me what that was all about?"

"I can't say… I don't quite know."

"How come?"

"I don't know how to put it into words."

He let out a stern sigh.

"Have you been reading that dictionary I gave you?"

"Yes… I guess it's just,  I felt like something was influencing me. Is that the right word?"

"Manipulating."

"Is that where you hear someone whispering in my ear, almost as if she was gaining power over me?"

He nodded.

"Next time do better."

"I would've done, if I could get some sleep."

He chuckled.

"Then get some."

"But I can't! I haven't been able to for the past year!"

"You will now. After all, both berries can fight off enchanted insomnia."

"Is that where a magic spell stops you from sleeping?"

"Yes."

"By the way, who taught you how to cook this stew?"

"My older brother."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scar Parents Fight Part Three

The Nine Dragons The Serpent Dragon Part Three

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Six

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Four

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Three

Scar Parents Fight Part Four

Scar Parents Fight Final Part