Breath of Fire


      I was fourteen and on the cusp of puberty when it happened. It started on the night of my birthday when I woke up with incredibly hot breath, however I originally it was because the hot weather and the equally hot food and tea I drank for my birthday. Speaking of which I was always able to handle incredibly hot food and drinks, in fact I preferred piping hot meals.
      The next day I woke up with a burning throat as I coughed and then I found that it was difficult to breath. Then the smoke alarm made me jump then I spotted that my room was somehow coated in smoke. I wandered what was going on, for I was not a smoker nor would I invest in such a lifestyle. I knew that I would have to go to the doctors sooner or later but I knew that no one would believe me, so I did what anyone would have done and kept my mouth shut.
      When I went to school my teachers and friends spotted that the hand that I used to cover my mouth was burnt and asked about it. So to not look foolish in front of them I lied.
      "Oh, I had an accident when mum was teaching my how to do pancakes on the frying pan last night!" I lied repeatedly as I coughed. If there is one thing I knew about lying was to always use the same lie when talking about the same thing to avoid conflicting tales and also to wrap it up in truth to make it easier to believe.
      My cough over the course of the day did not get any better and, in fact got worse! It became so bad that I had to put my hand up.
      "C-(cough) can (cough) c-I go (cough, cough) to the (cough, cough) lue?" I asked trying my best not to cough. My voice seemed to be quieter than normal as if something had hold of it. The teacher nodded, her eyes filled with concern. I got up and ran to the lue and closed the door my throat begging my for a drink.
      I then calned down enough to spit out some flem that sat in the back of my throat in to the sink. I spotted that the metal plug had started melting the moment that it touched my mucus!
      Then I found myself fall into another uncontrollable coughing fit again, that was when it happened, I thought that I saw a ball if flame fall out, that seemed to have come from my mouth. Well, then it hit and melted the mirror. And then another one and then another one! Soon the whole of the ladies was in a roar of fire!
      It must have looked like I was in Hell as I coughed ran out and punched the alarm as one part of my mind was in disarray meanwhile the other was trying to figure out what was going on. Then I realized that I would be expelled and even- no especially, if I had told them the truth! I panted and panted and as I did, fire flew out of my mouth like as if it was fleeing in fear.
      Then I was finally out of the building and it was only when I looked back did I realize the extant of my unintentional actions. The whole school building was on fire!

The
End

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scar Parents Fight Part Three

The Nine Dragons The Serpent Dragon Part Three

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Six

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Four

Doormaze Drage The Purple Artefacts Part Three

Scar Parents Fight Part Four

Scar Parents Fight Final Part