Bounty Hunter Bash Unlocked Final Part
A Shocking Letter
It was the following day and Bash woke up next to Zaryb, keeping him warm. Chashathrophogh and Cerpheres were doing the same for Strena. Yet, when they all woke, it was a late hour in the morning and they all felt like they had taken a good bath. Their minds were clear and calm. Yet she noticed that Zaryb looked somehow younger. She realized that she would have many nights like this. She would have to get used to waking up next to him. Yet he would have to get used to waking up next to her too.
I hope that I will help him. I hope that I will make him happy. I hope that he will be alright after all of this.
Where did that come from? I hope that I’m not turning into my mother.
Her eyes narrowed.
What if we have children?!
I think we will cross that bridge when we come to it, provided we do come to that.
She noticed that he was handsome and quite cute and at peace. In fact, it was quite peaceful with the only sound being the beautiful sweet song of the birds and the running water. Bash was tempted to go back to sleep and let things be. Yet she knew that they had to face reality. So she reached out and rubbed him to wake him up.
“W-what time is it?”
“Ten to eleven, judging by the position of the sun.”
“And how long have you been awake?”
“Not long.”
“And what about you!?” He called over to Cerpheres.
“Hummm! Me?”
“And you better not have done anything to us!”
“Since eight and I have been watching you the entire time!”
Then he laughed into his fingertips.
“And I did do something!” He laughed.
At this they noticed the whiskers on Chashathrophogh and Strena’s faces. At this they could not help but burst out laughing.
“What? What did he do?”
Chashathrophogh glanced at him and dove at him.
“Cerpheres!” He growled as Carpheres dived back as both men chased each other as Strena frowned.
“What is it Strena?”
She looked up.
“I feel clean.”
Zaryb frowned.
“Me too.”
“Now what?” Leonardo asked.
“What do you mean?”
Leonardo took out his paints and canvas and started painting.
“Now that you are all free. What will you do?”
“Well, I don’t know about you, but I am out of here. I have done my part and I don’t want to have anything more to do with this. After all, challenging Dark Lady Grasharlo is one thing, but Dark Lord Gajellidor Darcrogh! You’re mad to even try! So I’m going and I do not want to have anything more to do with all of this. You hear that Chashathrophogh! If you continue, half of you are going to die and I will not be one of them! Our friendship is over!” Azkook shouted as he left them.
(Even though they may never know it, his body would be found by a woman at the base of a river, swollen and coated with wounds without a bone in his body. Yet the body could be identified with a moon shaped birthmark on his back.)
“Are you gonna go too?” Purred Cerpheres in Bash’s ear. Quickly she screamed and punched him in the face.
“What do you think?”
“I agree with Miss Bash. And if she’s going to be my aunty then I am not quitting!”
Zaryb narrowed his eyes.
“What about you dear Chashy?”
“‘Chashathrophogh’! Only my friends can call me that!”
He looked at him and licked his lip.
“But will you stay or go?”
“Yes!”
“Whyyyy?”
“If I didn’t say spite, I would be lying.”
He let out a laugh as he licked his lips.
“And that’s why I love you all!”
Zaryb looked down and smiled. His arm started to hang around Bash’s shoulders.
“I’m with Bash. I think, now that I am free from Wolfox,” Suddenly he had an excited smile on his lips. “I would like to free myself from all my trauma and take that power back.” Then darkness seemed to melt away from his face as he released tears of joy. “And focus on my future!” His eyes slide to Bash, looking stunned.
Strena smiled.
“I would like to do that too.”
That was when they were approached by a man with a dishevelled look with twigs in his hair. He had scarlet and flaky skin and heavy bags under his eyes with thinning eyebrows.
“Which is Drew McDragonfree?”
“I am. But call me Bash.”
“Here! Letter- from- your-”
“Take your time to catch your breath.”
He nodded and took his time to do so.
“Here!” He said as he pulled up a letter before fainting.
“Oh my! Is he alright?”
“That’s your job, White Mage!”
“Alright!” He said as he crouched. “Such a slave driver!”
Bash rolled her eyes as she opened the letter.
Dear Drew McDragonfree
Bash!
I have arranged for you to marry
King Skiler of the Sky Kingdoms in
three weeks time. If you are not then
we will use a substitute. After all, I
have been well informed that one
has been provided.
Queen Sherby McDragonfree
Your mother,
Widow of four and a half
years.
She became alert as she rolled her eyes as she passed the letter around.
“Looks like we are going to have to get this wedding done.”
“We will do it the week after you turn eighteen.”
“Will he be alright?”
“Yeah. He just needs to rest and eat.”
She nodded.
“Then I will leave a letter.”
She wrote her letter and tucked it away in his pocket. Then they left him after making sure to feed him and told him to get some rest and take a small break. Then they went their way.
Comments
Post a Comment